Monday, September 3, 2007

[0029] Lunch

Okay, so it's not that drastic. But the school did change it's menu and prices. The vending machines have been restocked with different items, and the soda machines have increased their prices. Heck, all the drink machine prices went up, even the water!

It's all because the government is pushing schools to have healthier lunches. The last two years I have been drinking soda and eating pizza and snacks from vending machines. But I also ate well at home. It is not the school's fault that kids are getting fat. School is not the only environment where they can find unhealthy foods. Kids are getting fat because they eat the same at school and at home. Lunch is only 1/3 of anyone's diet. Changing how kids eat at school will not change how they eat at home.

Making school lunches more healthy will not greatly affect anyone for the better. And I miss my pizza and cookies.

Wow. This is the first thing I've written that could be called a rant.

I think I killed the Sharpie with panel two.

No comments: